Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some questions that I get that aren’t on this list..

Hmm, we will start at wedding songs. Some bride and grooms don’t know what to choose for a song, or ask me what I have seen. I’ve seen everything. Some couples will pick a song that has great lyrics to describe their relationship. Or maybe it was the song that was playing when they first kissed, on their first date or when he proposed. Some couples will listen to the radio and write down the songs that they like and talk about it later or search online.

A few First Dance Songs that I enjoy are:
Then’ by Prad Paisley. I am a huge country lover, but this one is great if you have been together for a long time, or maybe you knew each other and were friends or years before you started dating.
‘All I Ever Needed’ by Bret Michael and Jessica Andrews
‘At Last’ by Etta James
‘Better Together’ by Jack Johnson
‘’Faithfully’ by Journey
‘I knew I loved you’ By Savage Garden
‘Everything’ by Michael Buble. I am a HUGE Buble fan. My favorite right now is ‘Hold On’, which I am contemplating being my first dance song, but I know that’ll change. Haha
It is your wedding, so you can dance to whatever song that you want!
*Wedding Wire has a great site that has a tons of songs and ideas, http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-songs

Band or DJ or Ipod?

I think that this is a personal preference.
My boyfriend and I have a band that we love together, and that we have become friends with. They are a great cover band that we go out to see when they are in town or up to NH or down to RI to see. I WANT them at our wedding; I’ve been saying it for years. And they don’t like to play weddings but they said that they would play for us! Which is great, but then I was thinking, they’re a great band at the bar, but do I really want them playing these songs during dinner? There is such a thing as dinner music and dancing music. So I compromised, I plan on doing both. Starting with a DJ and then after dinner having the Band play to get the party started. Everyone knows that this band is our thing, so I HAVE to have them. The day is supposed to represent us and this is one of the major parts we want to share.

Which means you can do the same thing. Or you can do a band the whole time. But make sure that the band can play both dinner and dancing music. You want to have that difference. You don’t want your grandparents listening to a cover song of Lady Gaga’s Paparazzi or the Black Eyed Peas during dinner.

When it comes to the iPod, I understand the whole concept of saving money, but if music is an important part of the evening and you want to make sure that everyone, and I mean everyone, is on the dance floor, you need a band or DJ. They control the whole evening from the flow of the songs and it becomes interactive. I don't see anything wrong with an iPod if you are more of the relax and background music type.

No comments:

Post a Comment