Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dress Shopping

I went dress shopping this past monday! I dont think that getting married really hit me until i put on that first gown.

My mom and Fiances mom were the only two that came with me, which is what I wanted. Too many people with too many (and different) likes, dislikes, thoughts and ideas can be very confusing.

I handed the lady that was working with me pictures of the dresses that I had ripped out of magazines, and so that is what she got for me to try on. I liked them- especially the first dress I tried on, but there was something not right. Then another lady brought over a dress I dont think I ever would have thought about trying on- well it was amazing. Not your typical wedding gown. Which made me walk around the shop and pick out a few dresses that I thought were different.

I tried on every kind of dress you could imagine, just to see what looked best on me. Halter- doesnt look good on my frame.. but the strapless... perfect. Atleast I know that.

I am posting this today- to give my advice about dress shopping. TRY EVERYTHING ON. Even if you dont think you will like you- you'll be surprised. There are some amazing dresses out there and it is definitely worth the time to see what they look like on you.

I didnt buy by dress on monday, I want to look around a little bit - it's a big decision. But there is one that I really really like (even if my mom doesn't). I am afraid that trying on too many will only confuse me, but it is a risk I am willing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment